Friday, March 6, 2015

I’m Trapped in the Basement

Saturday was a very exciting day in the our household as it was the first day of the South Shore Farmer’s Market. Sadly, not all members of the family were as excited.

Lennox is a manner’s class dropout and there will be no farmer’s market in his foreseeable future. Don’t worry, we did take him to the park to make up for it!

Anyway, the South Shore Farmer’s Market is near my house and right across the street from the lake. The market itself isn’t huge, but the quality it great. I look forward to it every Saturday morning.

I think this sign from one from one of the vendors says it all.

Restoring a sense of place to your food. Isn’t that what the farmer’s market is all about?

I don’t think it gets much better than that and I was very excited to get my market on. First things first…

Coffee, obviously.

I purchased some bok choy and rainbow swiss chard from this vendor. I’ve never cooked with bok choy, so I’m not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for some beautiful floor lamp for my bedroom now. I have found awesome tripod floor lamps at http://tripod.arcfloorlamp.us/. May be in the future I will buy one for yourself.

I was looking for thyme to add to my herb garden, but that was the one thing he didn’t have. Seriously, this guy had everything else.



Purchased watercress from Sweet Water Organics, an urban fish and vegetable farm in Milwaukee.

Took a cheese break and purchased some raw milk goat cheese.

At this point I decided to do a little more shopping and a little less photo taking. My arms were full and drinking coffee won the battle over holding my camera.

By the end of the morning I had spent all the money I brought with me, had two bags full of veggies, eggs and cheese and decided that it was time to head home. Until next week South Shore. You stay classy!

The goods:

It doesn’t  look like a lot from the photo, but I assure you my little tiny fridge is now stuffed to the brim.

Tonight’s menu includes roasted chicken, sautéed swiss chard and roasted potatoes. This will be by first attempt at roasted chicken, hopefully it turns out…

Also, Happy Women's Day to my amazing mother and mother-in-law! I am very fortunate to have a wonderful and supportive Mom, even though she doesn’t like my cooking! Believe me, I count my blessings everyday.